Acceptable Use Policies
Short version: Submit is a diverse global community that supports a wide variety of topics and interests. The integrity and safety of that community is a responsibility that all Users share in good faith. While using the service, you must follow the terms of this section, which include some restrictions on content you can post, conduct on the service, and other limitations.
1. Compliance with Laws and Regulations
You are responsible for using the Service in compliance with all applicable laws, regulations, and all of our Acceptable Use Policies. These policies may be updated from time to time and are provided below, as well as in our Terms of Service.
2. User Safety
We do not allow content or activity on Submit that:
- is unlawful or promotes unlawful activities;
- relates to sexual exploitation or abuse, including of minors;
- is listed on our prohibited content listing;
- is libelous, defamatory, or fraudulent;
- is discriminatory or abusive toward any individual or group;
- is false, inaccurate, or intentionally deceptive information and likely to adversely affect the public interest (including health, safety, election integrity, and civic participation);
- is false, inaccurate, or intentionally deceptive information and likely to adversely affect Submit’s community development;
- harasses or abuses another individual or group, including our employees, officers, and agents, or other users;
- threatens or incites violence toward any individual or group, especially on the basis of who they are;
- gratuitiously depicts violence;
- is off-topic, or interacts with platform features in a way that significantly or repeatedly disrupts the experience of other users; or
- provides access to information, user content, or data to suspended or banned (terminated) individuals.
3. Intellectual Property, Authenticity, and Private Information
We do not allow content or activity on Submit that:
- infringes on any proprietary right of any party, including patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, right of publicity, or other right;
- impersonates any person or entity, including any of our employees or representatives, including through false assocation with Submit, or by fraudulently misrepresenting your identity or site’s purpose; or
- violates the privacy of any third party, such as by posting another person’s personal information without consent.
4. Spam and Inauthentic Activity on Submit
We do not allow content or activity on Submit that is:
- automated excessive bulk activity and coordinated inauthentic activity, such as:
- bulk distirbution of promotions and advertising;
- collecting information on our users such as their account activity, usage, or other types of user-specific data;
- inauthentic interactions, such as fake accounts and automated inauthentic activity;
- rank abuse, such as automated content manipulation or following;
- creation of or participation in secondary markets for the purpose of the proliferation of inauthentic activity;
- using Submit as a platform for propogating abuse on other platforms;
- phishing or attempted phishing; or
- using our servers for any form of excessive automated bulk activity, to place undue burden on our servers through automated means, or to relay any form of unsolicited advertising or solicitation through our servers.
5. Service Usage Limits
You will not reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit any portion of the Service, use of the Service, or access the Service without our express written permission.
You will not share screenshots, information, user content, or other data from the Service or associated services (including Discord) outside of the Service or associated services (including Discord).
Sharing screenshots outside of our service or associated services is a serious breach of trust within our community, violations of this policy are dealt with swiftly, and severely. Read our Screenshots Policy.
6. Information Usage Restrictions
You may not use information from our Service for any reason, regardless of how that information was obtained. Any use of information from our Service willl be prosecuted to the fullest extent the law provides.
Misuse of personal information is prohibited.
No person, entity, or service is authorized to collect data from the Service.
8. Excessive Bandwidth Use
The Service’s bandwidth limitations vary based on the features you use. If we determine your bandwidth usage to be significantly excessive in relation to other users of similar features, we reserve the right to suspend your Account, throttle your file hosting, or otherwise limit your activity until you can reduce your bandwidth consumption. We also reserve the right-after providing advance notice-to delete content that we determine to be placing undue strain on our infrastructure.
9. Advertising on Submit
You may not advertise in other Users’ Accounts, Groups, Pages, Organizations, Houses, or Comments. Engaging in aggressive advertising practices, spam, or advertising outside of your own account can result in your access to the Service being limited or permanently removed.
You may not promote or distribute content or activity that is illegal or otherwise prohibited by our Terms of Service or Acceptable Use Policies, including excessive automated bulk activity (for example, spamming), and misrepresentation or deception related to your promotion.
If you decide to post any promotional materials in your Account, you are solely responsible for complying with all applicable laws and regulations, including, without limitation the U.S. Federal Trade Commission’s Guidelines on Endorsements and Testimonials. We reserve the right to remove any promotional materials or advertisements that, in our sole discretion, violate any Submit terms or policies.
10. User Protection
You must not engage in activity that significantly harms other users.
We will interpret our policies and resolve disputes in favor of protecting users as a whole.
Enforcement. Submit retains full discretion to take action in response to a violation of these policies, including account suspension, account termination, or removal of content.
Reinstatement and appeal. If your content or account has been disabled, restricted, or terminated and you seek reinstatement or wish to appeal, this process will be made available starting December 1st, 2023.